Lonely Planet's Europe on a Shoestring is your passport to having big experiences on a small budget, offering the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, what hidden discoveries await you, and how to optimise your budget for an extended continental trip. Hit the streets and free museums of one of the world's greatest capital cities, London; soak up history and art by day and party by night in Berlin; pick your Greek island for fresh food and golden beaches. All with your trusted travel companion.
Inside Lonely Planet's Europe on a Shoestring:
- Budget-oriented recommendations with honest reviews - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Extensive planning tools and budget calculators
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, art, literature, cinema, landscapes
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Covers Great Britain, Ireland, France, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Turkey,
- Scandinavia, Russia, the Baltic Coast, Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, the Balkans, Belgium, Austria, and more
- Useful features: First Time Europe; Big Adventures, Small Budgets; Off the Beaten Track; Border Crossing; Splurge; and Responsible Travel
- The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Europe on a shoestring is perfect for budget- and value-conscious travellers taking a big trip, and is packed with amazing sights and experiences, savvy tips and recommendations.