Waterproof and tear-resistant hiking and recreation map for Lake Louise and Yoho regions of the Canadian Rockies
Gem Trek's 1:50,000 Lake Louise and Yoho Map is designed for hikers and outdoor enthusiasts looking to explore the Lake Louise/Moraine Lake regions of Banff National Park and the eastern half of Yoho National Park. Whether you are touring along the roads or heading into the backcountry, you'll find the waterproof and tear-resistant Lake Louise and Yoho Map to be an invaluable tool. This map features detailed cartography, accurate hiking trails with distances, and details such as campgrounds, lodges, huts, teahouses, and picnic areas. On the reverse side of the map are photos and trail descriptions of 11 recommended day hikes covered on the main map, ranging from easy lakeshore walks to more demanding hikes into alpine country. Four overnight or multi-day trips are also featured, along with trails in the vicinity of Skoki Lodge. .
The Lake Louise and Yoho Map centres on Lake Louise, but also includes detailed coverage of the Yoho Valley, Emerald Lake, Lake O’Hara, Paradise Valley, Moraine Lake, and the Skoki Valley. The most popular hiking trails on the Lake Louise and Yoho Map include the two classic teahouse hikes: to Lake Agnes and Plain of Six Glaciers, as well as trails to Little Beehive, Big Beehive, Saddleback, Paradise Valley, Larch Valley and Sentinel Pass, Eiffel Lake, Consolation Lakes, and the Skoki Valley. In Yoho National Park, all Lake O’Hara day hikes, Emerald River, Emerald Basin, Wapta Highline, Burgess Pass, The Iceline, Twin Falls, and Sherbrooke Lake are covered.
On the back of the map are two insets at a 1:25,000 scale. The Lake Louise inset increases coverage of adjacent hiking trails, including out to the Plain of the Six Glaciers. The other is dedicated to showing Lake O’Hara in greater detail, including all day hikes radiating from the lake.
The Lake Louise & Yoho Map features:
- waterproof and tear-resistant paper
- contour lines at 25-metre (80-foot) intervals
- relief shading to better show the topography
- full colour on both sides
- hiking trails with trail names and trail distances marked
- mountain biking trails with trail names and distances marked
- hydrology rivers, rapids and waterfalls
- mountain names and all available mountain elevations
- all campgrounds with a handy chart showing campground details
- points of interest and attractions as well as picnic areas and highway viewpoints